Physical Therapy - South Bend
At Active Health and Wellness Center in South Bend, physical therapy is a priority. We offer a dedicated exercise rehabilitation and physical therapy room on site, allowing our patients to receive all of their care in one convenient location. We also offer one-on-one guidance on proper movements, at-home therapy and continued recovery and injury prevention.
Some of therapies used by Dr. Meyers to promote healing are:
- Deep Tissue Therapeutic Massage – This type of massage therapy is an extremely beneficial part of each patient’s treatment plan. Benefits include reduced muscle tension and chronic pain, increased range of motion and enhanced exercise performance.
- Ultrasound – This therapy offers many benefits such as reduced recovery time, stimulation of collagen production and tissue healing, scar tissue breakdown, and reduction of inflammation.
- Interferential Current – Stimulation of local nerve cells may block pain signals and muscle stimulation can help combat muscle inhibition caused by the injury. This therapy can also help reduce swelling by increasing localized blood flow.
- Intersegmental Traction – The roller table helps relax muscles and calm muscle spasms. Intersegmental traction is a gentle therapy that stretches the muscles of the spine to restore normal movement and mobility.
- G-5 Vibration – This machine-assisted massage therapy assists in manipulating soft tissue with benefits of increased circulation, increased range of motion and relaxed muscles.
- Cryotherapy – The application of cold can help relieve pain from an injury and is an effective first treatment for muscle sprains and strains.
- Therapeutic Stretching - This assisted stretching therapy stretches and strengthens muscles, relaxes muscles and helps correct muscle function. We start patients on an at-home stretching program from day one of treatment.
Whether you’re an athlete who has sustained a sports injury or someone who has been experiencing pain that is interfering with your enjoyment of life, Active Health and Wellness is here to help. Dr. Meyers will develop a comprehensive physical rehabilitation plan to get you better and teach you to stay that way!
For more information on physical therapy in South Bend, click here to contact Active Health and Wellness Center or call 574-259-9355 (WELL) today. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
Is your Child's backpack hurting their back?Now that the kids are back to school, I'm sure their new backpacks are getting filled to the brim. click here for tips on protecting your child's spinal health.
Summer Saturday Hours!
Starting on May 6th, our Saturday hours will change to 9:00am to 12:30pm. Check your calendar, then call and make an appointment today to save yourself a precious Saturday spot!
For over a decade, Active Health is the only place I turn to when I am in pain
- Katrina B.View all reviews
Success StoriesCase Types: